Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I have a friend!

I think so anyway...

Coffee with Justin last night went pretty well, for all of my nervousness beforehand. He's really nice and a gentleman - got there early and texted to let me know, kissed me on the cheek when I arrived, got up and got me a straw for my iced tea, little things like that are always sweet. I don't know if he would end up being a good "match" for me, but we can definitely be friends (yay!). He's seriously cute though. A little college boy still. I mean, he's in college, so it makes sense, but I keep feeling like I want to be with someone who's grown up already. We'll see.

We were talking about basketball and the NBA finals start this week and I mentioned how it will be crappy to watch them on the bunkhouse tv, with it's hanger and aluminum foil antenna (no kidding). So he told me how he has high def blah, blah blah, and that I'll have to come over and watch with him (also yay!). When we said goodbye he gave me a hug and said we'll have to do this again. And I said, definitely, we can watch basketball! And he laughed and said yes, that we'll be in touch.

So, now it's just waiting to see if we will, in fact, be in touch. I really want this whole looking for friends thing to start to pan out.

So the coffee date was my scary/brave thing for yesterday. Today it's going to be driving a giant SUV to the North Shore. I'm going back up to the refuge to meet some people from local schools who will be using it as an outdoor classroom. Maybe I'll get better pictures of the coots this time, haha.

No comments: