Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day

Election day in Honolulu is rainy and gray and I just want to be at home watching the incessant news coverage. But, alas, I'm at work, so I'll take a little break to finish the story of my Friday with Sarah and Michele.

After we had our fill of shave ice and ice cream, we drove on over to Shark's Cove so the girls could get some more snorkeling in. After my last attempt at Shark's Cove with my parents left me bleeding, I decided just to enjoy the beach.



Michele did some fine maneuvering with setting up the camera and darting back to us on the rocks.

She and Sarah then grabbed their gear and decided to attempt to get out to the calm, sheltered part of the area before it got too dark to snorkel.



They enjoyed themseves and sustained no injuries. I enjoyed hanging out on the shore and watching the sunset. I had to grab the camera and climb up the rocks in order to grab a shot, so I'm lucky I got one picture because by the time the camera was ready for a second, the sun was past the horizon.



Once we got back to the hotel we got cleaned up and headed out for dinner. It was 9:30 by then so we just headed to my old mainstay, Tiki's. We had a very delicious dinner, where Michele ordered a Hawaiian food sampler, so she finally got to taste kalua pig (and so did I - it was awfully yummy!). Look how cute we are:



After dinner we had a couple of drinks and then headed back to the hotel, exhausted. Let me do a quick shout out to the hotel - Aqua Waikiki Wave. It was a great deal ($94/night for two queen beds and a balcony in Waikiki is awesome) and was quite comfortable. I loved the fact that there were no nasty acrylic hotel comforters on the bed; instead, the duvet covers were made out of sheet material. Awesome. The one sad part of the hotel is that we somehow got put in the handicap accessible room. Not a big deal, love the peep hole that's shorter, except that this meant there was no bathtub. I think when I finally get my place in DC I'm just going to forgo showers for a month and only take baths. (Before anyone gets on my case for how environmentally unfriendly that would be, relax, I'm kidding.)

Happy Election Day! It's making me terribly homesick for DC. Go Obama!

No comments: