Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day Three - Friday - Pardoned (Part 1)

I'm going to split this post into two as well.

I spent early Friday morning doing paperwork about the accident, so I didn't work with the kids. However, they informed me that the trail was really steep and "you wouldn't have liked it." How quickly they got to know me.

The kids and I headed over to Kilauea Point NWR after that. We got a quick tour, but then it was time for me to do more paperwork with M and the kids got to explore with the biologist and the park ranger.



The paperwork got done and apparently no one is mad at me, but I will be teased mercilessly. I've been told that this is my initiation into the club. I think I would have preferred not being a member.

After we were done at Kilauea Point the kids and I went back to the campsite for lunch and then would be going to Limahuli Garden.

Limahuli Garden is a beautiful botanic garden for native Hawaiian plants. It was a nice easy hike through the hills and had some wonderful views and just gorgeous plantings. The kids were so cute, calling out to each other and excited to be seeing plants they had learned about before. We had a really good time there.

On our way back to Hanalei, we stopped at a beach not far from Limahuli Garden.

No comments: