Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Is this really an adventure?

My latest endeavor here in Hawaii is not so much fun for me. I'm a runner now. Well, how many times do you have to go running to be a runner? I figure the new shoes and the mega sports bra and the fact that my trainer wants me to run a 5K in November are sufficient. I'm a runner. And I hate it. I haven't run with any consistency (you know, other than to catch the Metro) since high school p.e. and I have to tell you, I was much better at it back then. Right now I don't have a whole lot of confidence that I'll be running three miles in a row in just six weeks, but apparently I will be.

I know, I know, it's so good for me and will probably be the exercise most helpful in "releasing the fat" (not my words - thank trainer Laura for that phrase). And I know it'll get easier if I keep at it. The one good thing is that I have to go for a run by myself on either Saturdays or Sundays and that's when I get to remember how great it is to be in Honolulu right now. There's one street I really like on the way to Kapiolani Park that is almost a canopy of trees, always shady, and with a bit of mystery. And then my lungs give out and I'm reminded that I have a long ways to go... Oh well, as long as I get it done, right?

I need a moment of zen...


Tunnels Beach on Kaua'i

No comments: