Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Snow of the Year!

Now I know for sure I'm back in DC...

Yesterday we had our first snow of the year. It must have snowed during the night because I woke up to everything covered in white and big fluffy flakes still coming down.


Snow in my backyard!

The world gets so peaceful when it snows. Sounds are muffled, less people are out, and the white just makes everything look clean again.




Today, however, the snow was less pretty. Everything had completely frozen overnight and the sidewalks and streets were icy. It was quite something trying to walk uphill on ice on my way to the metro this morning. Now stuff has started to slush, but they say it's going to get cold again tomorrow. We'll see.

Soon I'll be posting about my crazy inauguration adventure! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

teejay said...

I love a blog with pictures -- thanks Colleen!