Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My woes

Here's my best advice: don't ever buy a moped. Apparently they're about as needy as babies, and a lot less cute. It stopped running on Friday while I was at a stop light on my way to the gym. Had a full tank of gas, and oil, this time, so I knew that wasn't the problem. I love pushing my moped home! When I took it in the next morning the guys at the shop at first refused to look at it because they were too busy "unpacking" other mopeds. Finally one of them came over, got it started immediately, and told me the battery was dead so I had to kick start it. Argh. I tried that on Friday. However, they proceeded to tell me that if you wait to put gas in it when there's only a quarter tank left, it can suck in air and create a bubble that makes it stop. They think that's what happened on Friday. They act like I'm this idiot little girl whenever I'm there and are definitely jerks when they can't get money out of you. What I want to know is: HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT??? Was I just supposed to intuit the fact that you have to keep the gas tank full all the time? Thanks for telling me, jackass.

Then, it stopped running on my way to work this morning. I got it kickstarted and went and filled it up again - it had a half tank of gas - and it ran all the way to work. I'm not going to take it in yet in case there was another air bubble that was my fault from the last fill up. I'm just going to put gas in it every freakin time I ride it so that it's always totally full and if it stops again I can act like the shop guys are the ones who are idiots. It's really fun to put gas into though - ever tried to control the flow of gas that's meant to fill a 20 gallon tank quickly when you're putting in .46 of a gallon (like this morning)? It's hard.

And then we discovered that my favorite salsa is no longer produced =( My mom was going to bring out several jars to me when they get here on Sunday (yay for visitors!). The company claims that one of their taco sauces is the same thing, so we'll see. Unfortunately it's only available online and then we're back to the problem of not being able to get it shipped to my PO Box...

Here's my picture for today - it's kind of random, but it makes me happy. This was taken at the Waipa Foundation in Kaua'i.

No comments: